OCI (Overseas Citizenship of India)
The Government of India has decided to grant Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI), which most people mistakenly refer to as ‘dual citizenship.’ People of Indian Origin of certain categories who migrated from India and acquired citizenship of a foreign country, other than Pakistan and Bangladesh, are eligible to be granted an OCI as long as their home countries allow dual citizenship in some form or the other under their local laws.
As an OCI holder, you will get the following benefits:
- Multiple entry, multi-purpose life long visa to visit India
- Exemption from reporting to police authorities for any length of stay in India
- Parity with NRIs in financial, economic and educational fields, except in the acquisition of agricultural or plantation properties.
- Employment allowed in all areas except mountaineering, missionary and research work and other work requiring PAP / RAP. (PAP = Protected Area Permit, RAP = Restricted Area Permit)
- Employment allowed in private sector
- Professional practice (doctor, dentist, nurse, pharmacist, chartered accountant, architect, advocate etc.) is allowed only as per provision contained in relevant Acts.
- OCI holders do not need to get an employment visa and are not required to register with FRRO for seeking employment
- In case the OCI holder came to India to work for a certain employer and later decides to leave the job and/or decides to change the employer, he/she does not have to leave India
- Other benefits pertaining to parity with Indian nationals in multiple matters
- Any future benefits extended to OCIs will be notified by the Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs (MOIA) under section 7B(1) of the Citizenship Act, 1955
We offer quick, efficient and reliable OCI services for the following service categories:
- New OCI Card
- OCI card for Foreign Spouse of a Person of Indian Origin
- OCI in lieu of PIO card
- OCI Re-Issue
- Miscellaneous OCI Services
- Renunciation of OCI
or Call 718 554 0000.